Distilleries along the Kentucky Bourbon Trail are planning several holiday events.
Here is a look at what’s being offered:
• Maker’s Mark Distillery in Loretto will hold candlelight tours on Saturday, Dec. 5 and Saturday, Dec. 12. Both will run from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. The distillery also will offer ice skating from noon to 9 p.m. More information can be obtained by calling (270) 865-2099. Shuttle tours from Louisville can be arranged at Mint Julep Tours.
• Buffalo Trace Distillery in Frankfort will hold its annual lighting ceremony Thursday, Dec. 3 at 7 p.m. The lights will be illuminated each night until 11 p.m., through Dec. 31. More information can be obtained by calling (800) 654-8471.
• Woodford Reserve Distillery Visitor Center, near Versailles, will hold its annual open house Saturday, Dec. 12, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Distillery tours will leave hourly, with proceeds being donated to God’s Pantry Food Bank in Woodford County. Customers can sample baked goods and candy cane-infused bourbon, and make their own ornaments. Gourmet holiday lunches also will be served at the distillery Wednesday to Sunday, between Friday, Nov. 27, and Saturday, Dec. 26. Reservations are suggested. They can be made by calling (859) 879-1872.
• Heaven Hill Distilleries Bourbon Heritage Center in Bardstown will hold an open house Dec. 7 and 8 and Dec. 14 and 15. The Heaven Hill Distilleries Trolley Tour also will run on those dates. More information can be obtained by (502) 510-0012.
Other distilleries along the trail that offer winter tours are:
• Four Roses, (502) 839-3436;
• Tom Moore, (502) 348-3774;
• Wild Turkey, (502) 839-4544;
• Jim Beam, (502) 543-9877.