The Bourbon Chase Relay begins at 8 a.m. Friday at the Jim Beam Distillery in Clermont.
The Bourbon Chase Relay is a unique, overnight relay covering 200 miles of the scenic byways along the Kentucky Bourbon Trail and the world-renowned Bluegrass horse country. Starting near Bardstown, the Bourbon Capital of the World, and wrapping up with a festive finish in Lexington, the Horse Capital of the World, The Bourbon Chase will treat runners to gorgeous horse farms and scenic bluegrass byways.
The Finish Line Celebration takes place 3-9 p.m. at Triangle Park in downtown Lexington. This free event is open to the public. More than 2,000 runners from 40 states will participate in the inaugural running of the Bourbon Chase Relay.
Runners can be seen in Boyle County Friday and Saturday at the following times:
* 6:45 p.m. Friday-12:45 a.m. Saturday, U.S. 150 Short Line to Cocanougher.
* 8 p.m. Friday-1:30 a.m. Saturday, U.S. 150 Cocanougher through Perryville to Parkside Cross.
* 9 p.m. Friday–2:30 a.m. Saturday, U.S. 150 Into heart of Danville. Runners Cross U.S. 127.
* 9:45 p.m. Friday–3 a.m. Saturday, U.S. 150/27 Danville to Willow Grove Baptist
* 11 p.m. Friday– 3:30 a.m. Saturday, Willow Grove Baptist to Stanford
* 1:15-4:30 a.m. Saturday, Hubble to Ky.. 52 to Allen Co.
* 2:15 a.m. Saturday, Allen Co. on Ky. 52. through city to 127 business route north
* 3:15-6 a.m. Saturday, U.S. 127 northbound in southbound lanes. At beginning of route runners cross U.S. 127